Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chris Neil's Candidate for Hit of the Year

Like most hockey fans, I love seeing a good, clean open ice hit. It's what makes hockey the amazing game it's evolved to be over the years. There have been some really nice ones this season, but in last night's game between the Senators and Bruins, Chris Neil provided one worth an extra look or two:



Mr. Boychuk, meet Chris Neil. And keep your head up while you're at it, kid. Now, I know Neil doesn't have the greatest reputation around the league, and rightfully so, but this is the kind of hit I love. It's perfectly clean, Neil's elbows are down, he's not charging at Boychuk; everything's fine here, though I suppose Boychuk would say differently since he just got his bell rung, but I digress. I'd bet good money that he keeps his head up from now on, though. Better luck next time, Johnny boy(chuk).

No comments:

Post a Comment