Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jakub Voracek: The Latest Victim of Being Kronwalled

The Wings lost to Philly tonight, 3-2, blah blah blah, boring usual stuff blah.

Enter: The Kronwall:





Um. OUCH. I really would not want to be Voracek right there. Niklas Kronwall, for being 5'11" or whatever he is, sure does hit like a damn freight train.

I'm going to be honest here; I'm a Wings fan when it comes down to it, but I also have a brain and know how to not be biased. I love hockey too much to be a homer. That said, I have no idea how Kronwall hasn't been suspended at all in the last nine years or however long he's been in the league. There have been many a time where he should have been fined or suspended for either leaving his feet or just a dirty hit. Don't get me wrong, I do love most of the hits he throws, but goddamn. I think I'll be more surprised in the morning if I find out that he hasn't been Shanabanned for at least a game or two for this hit, though.

Not to play Devil's Advocate or anything, but in Kronwall's defense, Voracek did have his head down the entire time, and was even looking behind him at one point. Um, you can't do that. The first thing they teach in pee-wees is don't skate with your head down. Ever. Especially in the NHL. Especially with Kronwall on the ice. Be aware of your surroundings, man.

I still love you, though, Kronwall, don't worry. Jakub Voracek, get well, kid. I wish nothing but the best for this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment